- Medicare is our country's health insurance program for people 65 and over.
- People younger than 65 with certain disabilities can also qualify for Medicare.
- Medicare helps with health care costs, but doesn't cover everything.
- There are four parts of Medicare coverage (A, B, C, & D).
- Medicare Part A is inpatient hospital insurance.
- Medicare Part B covers outpatient care from doctors and other providers.
- Medicare Part C (called Medicare Advantage Plans) allow you to pick an insurance company that will cover everything included in Part A and Part B and may include prescription drug coverage.
- Medicare Part D helps cover the costs of prescription drug coverage when combined with Parts A & B.
Please visit the Medicare website for more information.
The Oregon Insurance Division offers the Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance Program (SHIBA) to assist you with Medicare questions.